What do I need for football?
- Mouth guard with a strap. Please make sure it is boiled and molded to your player’s mouth prior to the first practice. If they are too big- trim them with scissors. Shirt to be worn under shoulder pads. Having a dry-fit shirt will help to wick away the moisture
- Short sleeved or sleeveless dry fit shirt to wear under your shoulder pads while the weather is warm.
- Long sleeved shirt to wear under your shoulder pads once the weather gets cold. This needs to keep them warm but not be so bulky that they can’t move.
- Integrated pants. This will have the tail pads and thigh pads built in. You will still need to put the kneepads in your pants. This is helpful in not having to switch pads after every practice and game.
PARENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE PRACTICE FIELD. IF YOU WANT TO BE ON THE FIELD, YOU NEED TO FILL OUT A COACHES APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE FROM THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR.
What to Wear?
Practice 1, 2 & 3 helmet and mouthpiece, cleats, shorts and practice jersey with a t-shirt (practice set) underneath.
Practice 4, 5 & 6 helmet and mouthpiece, cleats, shorts, shoulder pads (dry-fit shirts are best to wear under shoulder pads)
Practice 6 through the end of the season will be full pads.
Full pads consist of:
- Helmet, chinstrap, and mouth piece
- Practice jersey
- Shoulder pads
- Practice pants with thigh and knee pads
- Girdle including 2 hip pads, 1 tail pad, 2 thigh pads
- Socks (may be any white, purple or black (pink during October) and may be a knee sock or short sock.
Having your own water is helpful, but should be kept with the player not the parent. Once the weather gets cold, the boys need to be careful to not get wet when drinking water. A water bottle with a bent straw or able to be squirted works best because then they do not have to remove their helmet.
PARENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE FIELD AT ANYTIME; THIS INCLUDES BEING IN THE END ZONE AT HALF TIME.
- White jerseys are worn for away games.
- Purple jerseys are worn for home games.
- Black game pants must have all 7 pads.
- Mouthpiece must be worn at all times.
- Players must weigh in prior to EACH game. Weigh in starts promptly at 1 HOUR PRIOR to game time.
A coach may request that the opposing team begin their weigh in process as soon as 60 Minutes before the scheduled start time. Any player that is not present at the time of the weigh in request WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY UNTIL HALF TIME PER LEAGUE RULES. There are no exceptions to the rule.
Players must have their jersey and helmet at weigh in time. Those weighing over the accepted weight limit for their age division must display a stripe on their helmet for that game. Players with a stripe are limited to the 5 lineman positions. A player’s stripe may be added or removed from game to game depending on weight. An increase will be added to the weight limit for that age division per league rules.